Thomas married Mary URIDGE, daughter of Henry URIDGE and Elizabeth SMYTH, in 1841 in Lewes, Sussex.3,4,5,6 Thomas was a Shopkeeper in 1850.7
In the census of 30 March 1851 at Whitehouse, Maresfield, Sussex, Thomas was listed as the Head of Household; a Miller (out of business), living with his wife, three sons, and two daughters.2
Thomas died before August 1852.8
Children of Thomas AVERY and Mary URIDGE
Sources of Information:
- [S16] Letter from John R. Thomas to Teresa Pask.
- [S1072] 1851 Census John Thomas's Notes.
- [S3] GRO Indexes to Marriages "1841/Q1 Lewes & C 7 457."
- [S234] Teresa Pask's Research Notes 2000, URIDGE A Chart Unknown Source 1841.
- [S16] Letter from John R. Thomas to Teresa Pask: before 1852.
- [S962] Website FreeBMD (http://www.freebmd.org.uk/) 1 September, 2001.
- [S16] Letter from John R. Thomas to Teresa Pask: Maresfield baptisms.
- [S51] Marriages and Births (Uridge Information Only) Transcript, Chailey, Sussex, 1816-1880.
- [S51] Marriages and Births (Uridge Information Only) Transcript, Chailey, Sussex, 1816-1880 "Father deceased."
Clara Elizabeth AVERY1
- 2nd great-granddaughter of John URIDGE
Clara Elizabeth AVERY was baptised on 8 August 1852 at Bevern Bridge, Chailey, Sussex.1 She was the daughter of Thomas AVERY and Mary URIDGE.1
She was listed in the census of 7 April 1861 at Hamsey, Sussex.2
She was listed in the census of 2 April 1871 at 42 High Street, Lewes, Sussex, an unmarried Shop Assistant.3
David William Herbert CHANEY1
Violet married Ernest RADMORE in 1920.1
Violet died in 1995.2
Child of Violet MEILTON
- Joan RADMORE1
William married Lillian May MILLER in 1950.1
William died on 1 June 1995 at the age of 88.1
Child of William RATTRAY and Lillian May MILLER
- Valerie May RATTRAY1